OptiCaddy is a sturdy but lightweight second HDD Caddy of the latest generation made from aluminum (with great heat dissipation), with fully compatible SATA-3 electronics for maximum speeds. It features a plastic frame inside that helps to reduce vibrations of your second HDD.
This 2nd HDD Caddy lets you add a second hard disk or SSD to your computer. It features Opticaddy’s OptiSpeed Technology and weighs only 69g.
Possible OptiCaddy usage scenarios:
1) Hybrid scenario
SSD & HDD: this setup is best of both worlds. Have an SSD in your primary bay with your operating system installed on it and have a large HDD (currently up to 2 TB) in your Opticaddy to store all your photos, videos and other big files.
2) Huge storage scenario
HDD & HDD: install two hard drives into you laptop (currently up to 2 TB each) to get a combined volume of up to 4 TB in your laptop to store all your photos, videos and other big files.
– new generation of SATA-3 PCD board for fast and reliable transfer speeds
– compatible with all 7mm or 9.5mm 2.5″ HDDs and SSDs
– HDD/SSD connector type: SATA (SATA-1, 2, 3)
– plug&play, no additional softwares, drivers needed
– special frontplate to match your laptop
Compatible with the following Laptops:
– HP Compaq 6530b, 6535b, 6730b, 6730s, 6735b, 6735s Notebook PC
– HP EliteBook 6930p, 8440p, 8530p, 8540p Notebook PC
– HP EliteBook 8440w, 8530w, 8540w, 8730w, 8740w Mobile Workstation
– HP ProBook 6440b, 6445b, 6450b, 6455b, 6550b, 6555b